My friend Wendy gave me the number 7.
This means I have to write 7 things about myself which most people don’t already know about me.
Well, this is highly unfair for two reasons:
First, because Wendy only had to write 6 things about herself.
Second, I’m not that private of a person. I never have been. What you see is what you get and I say more about what I think, how I feel, what I ate for lunch, than any ten people want to know.
So now, I have to dig deep….hmmm…7 things. Okay, here goes.
1. I knew Lary was the guy I wanted to marry when I first met him…but he already had a girlfriend.
2. I was never a ‘kid’ person with anyone other than my own kids.
3. I discovered I could become a ‘kid’ person when a little girl named Julianne ran up to me in church, hugged my legs and said, “I wuv you Mrs. Zale.”
4. I was afraid of the dark until I was 39.
5. As a child I used to lay in bed and re-write the script to all the TV shows I watched that day, because most of them weren’t as good as I thought they could have been.
6. Lary spoils me.
7. I never had one of those dramatic or emotional, salvation experiences. Which is good. Because I like the steady, real, relationship I have with Christ. I was lost. He found me. And He never left.